Gibson Brands Forums

I did it!!!!

Merkin

Well, I went yesterday and bought my Epi Les Paul. It was the first time I went to Guitar Center and I was in guitar heaven. I have several local guitar shops but, they don't have the selection. Anyways, I did as you guys suggested and tried different guitars and I fell in love with the one I bought. I really liked the plus top in honeyburst but there was a plain top in honeyburst that drove me nuts. The finish is perfect and I knew as soon as I put it in my hands it had to be mine! The feel and the tone!!!! It's like, "Where have you been all my life?" Anyway, I have pics but, I can't find the cable at the moment to upload them to my pc. As soon as I do I will post the pics.

How does it sound?

It's sounds unbelievable! It's so deep and rich!! I have it hooked to a VOX ADVT 30 XL and the two together, it's like they were made for each other. Now, if I can just get my playing back on track!!!

Not too often ya hear somebody describe Guitar Center as "heaven" - usually its is described as being a bit south of that.

Well I had a great experience at the one in Baton Rouge, LA. Everyone was very helpful and knowledgeable. They are definitely in the business of pleasing the customer over there.

Congrats on the new member of your family.

Not too often ya hear somebody describe Guitar Center as "heaven" - usually its is described as being a bit south of that.

The GC in Birmingham Alabama is also a good 1......if not quite heaven, its definitely not the other place.

Once they "get to know you" they instinctively know to leave you alone while you browse and test drive,

but will help with a smile when asked to.

They honor 3o day returns and warranty returns, no questions asked except, "did it malfunction?"

if you just don't like it, tell them, they'll take it back anyhow.

I know their prices are very generic for "big box" stores, but on large purchases, or even high end single

purchases, they can usually be talked into giving up some candy, or even an occasional case (if it will seal a high $ deal).

I'm on their "preferred buyer" and "Platinum" lists.......and while I know this just means "this jerk will buy a lot of stuff if you just let him".....it still makes me smile.

You know, I found it depends on the sales person at GC (well, really anywhere). I found this one sales guy at the GC here in San Antonio who used to own a recording studio -- he knows his stuff and he is helpful. He knows his stuff for amps, mics, and all live sound stuff. He is not in the guitar sales guy, but I usually go over to him and ask him about them anyway.

Oh, and congrats on your new axe.

Archived