Gibson Brands Forums

1st Mod is done!

aphawki

Ok so the first mod is done and it's working ok....so that has to be a good sign!! I just did the JP1 mod, just clipped the jumper and then added in a switch. It really seems like it drops down the gain...but really does clean a lot of the clutter out of the tone. I am assuming that was the point!?

Yeah....what they said. It was really pretty easy. I have never soldered before...so it was a good starter for me. Soldering went well...the mod works like a champ. I am ready for the next one!!!!! I can see where this could be a bad thing to start!

Yeah....what they said. It was really pretty easy. I have never soldered before...so it was a good starter for me. Soldering went well...the mod works like a champ. I am ready for the next one!!!!! I can see where this could be a bad thing to start!

It does get addictive once you start! Just make sure you do your homework and have a healthy respect for the high voltage present in tube amps! It's no joke and it can be lethal. I recommend that you check out SEwatt.com and read about the safety issues and good soldering habits since you are new to amp modding. Have fun but BE SAFE!

It does get addictive once you start! Just make sure you do your homework and have a healthy respect for the high voltage present in tube amps! It's no joke and it can be lethal. I recommend that you check out SEwatt.com and read about the safety issues and good soldering habits since you are new to amp modding. Have fun but BE SAFE!

I appreciate it. There was quite a bit of research in just this simple mod....I can't imagine how much I will have to do when I get closer to doing a larger mod.

Archived