Gibson Brands Forums

Way to beat the new high Epi prices

Dave

Someone mentioned recently that they couldn't believe the new Epi prices.

Guitar Center is offering 10% off Monday 2-16-09 only and then they send you a $75 gift card sent through the mail after the purchase if you spend $500 or more. That puts the price of a new $649 LP standard plus top at around $586 after the 10% discount and then the gift card you receive afterwards in the mail is good for what ever you want to purchase after the fact. It could be good for pedals, cables, strings, straps or whatever.

Just one way to beat the new high prices.

yah. not a bad deal at all if you're intending to buy right now.

what's the catch on the gift card.. have to spend another 500?

TWANG

No, you buy the guitar (0r anything) and get 10% off. If you spend $500 or more, you get a $75 gift card in the mail. It's kind of like a rebate, but if you don't go back and use the gift card, you don't benefit from the additional $75 off.

There are several gift cards. If you spend $200 or more, they send you a $25 gift card in the mail. $350 or more and you get a $50 card. $500 or more and you get a $75 gift card.

On Monday, President's day, you get 10% off with certain listed exceptions.

I got a card in the mail Here's the link to the offer.

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/presidentsday/

Someone mentioned recently that they couldn't believe the new Epi prices.

Just wait till they announce the new '59 and "Tribute" Les Pauls. Expect prices anywhere between 850 and 1000USD. On the upside(speculating here) they may be well worth it...

These sales are a bunch of crap. I remember the LP Standard Flame Top selling for $550 just last fall (now $650). They jacked up the prices for 2009 (for no apparent reason, there should not have been any increase in the cost of materials or labor, in fact both of these probably went down). Now, they are proudly advertising these scams like reducing $50 after the prices went up $100, and giving a gift cards so you can buy more guitars at the new, high prices. IMO the guitars should have come down in price and the LP Standard should be selling for even less than in the fall, say $500 or even less.

In my local store, I was looking for a learning guitar for my son, and they were selling an Ibanez model for $199. They raised prices for January 2009 to $249. Now, they are having a "sale" for the same guitar for $199 again, and people think that they are getting a good deal.

I see **** going up 20% like it's nothing and people think that it is a good deal,....let me ask you something, when was the last time your employer gave you a 20% raise over 2 months? The only way you can absorb a price increase is by getting a pay increase at work, .....and most of us won't get **** for an increase this year due to economic conditions, yet huge increases like 20% are acceptable to most people, I just don't get it.

These sales are a bunch of crap. I remember the LP Standard Flame Top selling for $550 just last fall (now $650). They jacked up the prices for 2009 (for no apparent reason' date=' there should not have been any increase in the cost of materials or labor, in fact both of these probably went down). Now, they are proudly advertising these scams like reducing $50 after the prices went up $100, and giving a gift cards so you can buy more guitars at the new, high prices. IMO the guitars should have come down in price and the LP Standard should be selling for even less than in the fall, say $500 or even less.

In my local store, I was looking for a learning guitar for my son, and they were selling an Ibanez model for $199. They raised prices for January 2009 to $249. Now, they are having a "sale" for the same guitar for $199 again, and people think that they are getting a good deal.

I see **** going up 20% like it's nothing and people think that it is a good deal,....let me ask you something, when was the last time your employer gave you a 20% raise over 2 months? The only way you can absorb a price increase is by getting a pay increase at work, .....and most of us won't get **** for an increase this year due to economic conditions, yet huge increases like 20% are acceptable to most people, I just don't get it. [/quote']

Indeed. It looks like business suicide frankly. Where do they think that people are gonna come up with the extra cash for this? Somebody is not paying attention to the global news at corporate. The guys selling for less are gonna make a killing for the next few years given these market conditions. And used instruments will probably be easier to move as well. Not bad for all of us-but for the manufacturer and distributors it will hurt.

It's all a conspiracy to keep people from playing guitar. It must be. There's about 15 of us guitarists for every bassist, 23 of us for every drummer, 55.8 for every keyboardist. I think you can get about a dozen guitar players for .99 cents. Somebody is trying to thin the herd. You gotta be looking over your shoulder for them all the time. They're always there....conspiring....herd thinning...even worse!

=P~/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

Archived