Gibson Brands Forums

New Epiphone EF 500 RA. It has arrived!!!

jtricer1973

I got my new Masterbilt EF 500 RA this morning and all I can say is wow. I freaking love this thing. Definately the best and nicest guitar I have ever owned. It is flawless and man does it sing. It rings like a bell.

I love the V neck and the tone and sound seems so well balanced across all the strings and up the fret board. It also sounds great with a capo which many guitars have a problem with. The satin finish is really nice and feels great. The abalone inlay is beautiful.

Sorry to go on and on but I am truly impressed at the value found in this guitar for the money. I really wanted a Martin but all the ones I really liked were 2 and 3 times as much. The Martins that were in the epiphones price range were no where near as nice as this guitar.

I commend Epiphone for producing such a nice guitar that normal people can actually afford. I am a new loyal customer!

OK, I am done rambling.

Yes, I will definately be keeping this guitar. I love it. I really wanted sunburst but could not find one. All I could find was natural. I think maybe they quit making the sunburst but I could be wrong. I am happy with natural though. Actually I like it more than I thought I would. It has a nice darker sort of aged color to it that looks great. The rosewood looks great as well.

Hey does anybody know what the bridge pins are made of. The guitar sounds awesome but if the pins are plastic I may replace them with somethong nicer. Way too nice a guitar too have plastic bridge pins.

Something else I was thinking about. I only got the RA because I always wanted a guitar with nice inlay in it and it looks great, but I would not hesitate to get the cheaper model without it. It appears to be the exact same guitar. My son is actually thinking about getting it. I guess basically you are paying 300 bucks for the inlay and gold tuners. The tuners are Grovers by the way. I wasn't sure if they would be because it wasn't specified so I was glad to see that.

Hey Pete' date=' where is Wiggins by the way? I was just wondering cause I was born and raised in Mississippi. I'm from the delta. A little town called Indianola. [/quote']

JT!

I know exactly where Indianola is. I spent a few months in Greenwood doing some work for ARCO years ago. Nice town. Went through Indianola several times on my way to Greenville.

Wiggins, at least the one I live in (there are actually two!) is between Hattiesburg and Gulfport. We are about 30 miles north of the Gulf. Love it here. My wife grew up here, and well, that is the rule! Little like living in Mayberry (she hates for me to say that, but it is a compliment in my mind).

Glad you like your new guitar. Hope you continue to enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Pete

JT!

I know exactly where Indianola is. I spent a few months in Greenwood doing some work for ARCO years ago. Nice town. Went through Indianola several times on my way to Greenville.

Wiggins' date=' at least the one I live in (there are actually two!) is between Hattiesburg and Gulfport. We are about 30 miles north of the Gulf. Love it here. My wife grew up here, and well, that is the rule! Little like living in Mayberry (she hates for me to say that, but it is a compliment in my mind).

Glad you like your new guitar. Hope you continue to enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Pete[/quote']

Good gosh, Pete, you are RIGHT in heavy-duty blues country there! Indianola, Gulfport and Greenwood!!!!! Some very significant burgs!

Yeah, Robert Johnson's grave is about a 30 minute drive from my hometown of Indianola outside of Itta Bena. I've seen it quite a few times. Its at a tiny little black church in the middle of nowhere really. Apparently some people at one time or another gathered up some money and had a large tombstone erected. It looks real out of place with all the other small and old stones. One other interesting not is that everytime I ever visited his grave, you would find all sort of weird items left there. The last time there was a matchbox with a guitar pick in it.

See ya

Archived