Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone riviera bigsby question

zuma12345

Hello everybody, i have a 1997 epiphone riviera with the epiphone vibrato, that looks like a bigsby. I am thinking about changing to a original bigsby like the b7 or b70. Would this need any drilling or anything? They kind of look like the have the same specs...

If the Bigsby has an "E" on it, then don't change it!!! Please! They were designed to line up exactly where the tailpiece would be on the Riviera... Also, these are real Bigsbys. You don't come round these "E" Bigsbys anymore. To me, they look even cooler than the 'original' Bigsbys...

If you could post some Pics of the Tailpiece and the screws where normally the tailpiece would be mounted on, that would be great!

Cheers

Nick

Hi again, here is some pictures! http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/zuma12345/

If the Bigsby has an "E" on it' date=' then don't change it!!! Please! They were designed to line up exactly where the tailpiece would be on the Riviera... Also, these are real Bigsbys. You don't come round these "E" Bigsbys anymore. To me, they look even cooler than the 'original' Bigsbys...

If you could post some Pics of the Tailpiece and the screws where normally the tailpiece would be mounted on, that would be great!

Cheers

Nick[/quote']

Sorry about my bad english' date=' but you mean that there is no difference in the specs? It would be easy and doesn't need drilling to change? [/quote']

No difference.

Yes, it would be easy as long as the holes of the end-flap line up. They're different among Bigsby models.

I wouldn't change it. It's a relative expensive upgrade. Mechanicly you'll improve nothing. And there is a slight chance you'll screw it up. Plus the E-Bigsby looks simply better to me.

I wouldn't change it either. I think it looks nice with the E, it was made for it.

The one thing you may want to try, if you arent happy with it is to put an American made Bigsby spring in it. I have a B-70 on my Agile AL-3100 (LP clone). I wasnk't getting the response I wanted, I have a roller bridge as well. I changed the spring and it seems to work a little better. It might be in my mind though.

Ive heard about the roller bridge, anyone can tell me more about this? is it easy to put on by yourself? any ebaylinks?

I wouldn't change it either. I think it looks nice with the E' date=' it was made for it.

The one thing you may want to try, if you arent happy with it is to put an American made Bigsby spring in it. I have a B-70 on my Agile AL-3100 (LP clone). I wasnk't getting the response I wanted, I have a roller bridge as well. I changed the spring and it seems to work a little better. It might be in my mind though.

[/quote']

It's your guitar, with that said if it was me and it was mechanically sound I wouldn't mess with it the risk out weighs the gain. That's good advice from JCW if you don't like the response changing the spring and your not out the $$$.

Matt

Yeah, i'm thinking about chaning spring and getting a roller bridge, but is there different measurs on the roller bridges? Can anyone tell me about one that fits a riviera?

It's your guitar' date=' with that said if it was me and it was mechanically sound I wouldn't mess with it the risk out weighs the gain. That's good advice from JCW if you don't like the response changing the spring and your not out the $$$.

Matt[/quote']

Archived