Gibson Brands Forums

A good problem? Wildkat! Heal thy self!

Gashole

Last week I mentioned my Wildkat's spontaneous bridge rattle. It happened with a singular string change just a .10 -the other 5 stayed put.

Well...I didn't get around to really doing anything with it till yesterday, and when I picked it up, the rattle was gone. I recorded with it for hours, and no rattle?! I'm not complaining, but what does that indicate? A come and go bridge rattle? A loose screw shouldn't have re tightened...so does that help narrow it down? My eyes aren't so good- there was a retention wire mentioned earlier that I failed to notice even though I looked for it. It is very secure. I triple checked, trying to move it. Nothing inside the guitar is loose....it's really kind of strange, no?

ever take something apart.. can't find the problem.. put it back together.. no problem.

Those WWII guys were right.

Gremlins.

TWANG

Gremlins....f*****g "A".....that's all I need! LOL

Loose lips sink ships! Kilroy was here!

I was seriously considering some WWII bomber art for the Wildkat too...might as well now, already got the gremlins!

Thankyou :P

Not sure what you call it...sunrise orange or something? Dunno. I like it too, a helluva lot! It was an eye opener for me...1st "cheap" guitar I ever had that I didn't end up having modded-and I play it more than any of my US made guitars save for my SG. I want another for back up. Can't justify the expense right now though....

Archived