Gibson Brands Forums

New member, Epi expirienced + question!

DJB08

Hello all...

I'm new as a member to the forum.

However I have seen many photos from the forum...(enter "keystone tuners" in google and you'll see what i mean!)

I'm sure most of you agree here that for the $$ paid Epi is hard to beat.

(Can i phrase it as "Epi"?)

I've been playing an Epi Hummingbird for 2 years now as my stage guitar(I have a Gibson J-50 but, I think we're gonna keep that exclusive to the studio and for writing) It's fantastic, very consistent and takes a beating.

My girlfriend surprised me with an Epi A shaped Mandolin for Christmas. Probably the only mando I'll ever have in all reality.

Recently I purchased and Epi Dot Deluxe(with all it's Vintage burst-y goodness!)

I had an MIJ tele and it was a beauty but, just not my thing.

It only took two minutes for me to know the Dot was where it was at for me(finances considered)

So here are the questions..

Where can i get a 335 pickguard for the Dot?

Does the Les Paul PG work? Any examples?

I've seen the "roller bridge" on some. Is this only because of a bigsby? Or is it better for the stop tail piece?

Looking forward to sharing info and seeing some more photos of everyone's awesome gear!

Best

David

Hello all. I'm new here. I like the Epi sg custom in ivory, gold hardware and 3 humbuckers. On the headstock it says les paul custom?

Also, on the name plate above the neck pickup it says les paul custom? Does anyone here have one?

Welcome, I'm fairly new too.

RE: Epiphone Dot Deluxe, I might have a genuine one available from mine that I've taken off. I'm wanting to get a white one put on mine so if I can find my black one in the next couple of days I'll PM you to let you know.

Hello all. I'm new here. I like the Epi sg custom in ivory' date=' gold hardware and 3 humbuckers. On the headstock it says les paul custom?

Also, on the name plate above the neck pickup it says les paul custom? Does anyone here have one?[/quote']I don't have one, but the reason it says Les Paul Custom is because that's what it started out as. In 1961, the Les Paul was changed to what has become the SG. Early models were branded Les Paul until the Les Paul model, for whichever reason you choose to believe, was discontinued.

It was then made as the SG. The Les Paul as we know it was re-introduced in 1968.

Some say Les Paul didn't like the SG body and insisted his name be removed from it, others say that he ended his partnership because he didn't want his ex-wife-to-be to get any more money in the divorce.

Archived