Gibson Brands Forums

LP PeeWee

EpiSheriMan

I got one for my stepson, I put a GFS Dream 180 pickup in it.. doesn't sound too bad considering the special tuning needed.... I have heard of guys getting them to use as lapsteels too after they set them up with proper electronics and such of course.. I need to eventually replace the tuners as the stepsons teacher says he can literally see the tuners move during the lesson as it goes out of tune..

Guitar manufacturers should get a boot in the butt...! ](*,) There is no kid in the world that I know of that has hands able to play these HUGE necks...! Geez give these small kids a break and make a guitar for smaller folks... Do they expect kids to play these guitars like a dobro...? =D>

DOH....

Mine was a open box clearance at GC for $119. The one thing most miss with these pee wee guitars is with the small scale you have to use a different tuning. It needs to be tuned 3 half steps up to G, (low to high G C F A# D G). According to Squire, the mini start tunes same as a regular one..

Guitar manufacturers should get a boot in the butt...! ](* There is no kid in the world that I know of that has hands able to play these HUGE necks...! Geez give these small kids a break and make a guitar for smaller folks... Do they expect kids to play these guitars like a dobro...? :-({|=

DOH....

[/quote']

When I was a kid, I learned on a Bari ukelale tuned to D G B E (top or bottom 4 gtr strings whichever your POV) at 3 years old that was perfect with the nylon strings. As I got older & my hands got bigger, I graduated to a 6 string gtr. Now that I have a few students, I've turned a few parents on to the "Mandobird" an electric mandolin tuned like the old my old Bari-Uke... Works perfect for small fingers. Plus it is a RIOT watching a little kid with a pint-sized Firebird!!

The only GOOD mini guitar ive ever come across is the Yamaha Guitalele. Its a guitar the size of a tenor ukulele.

Is it a "proper" instrument? Judge for yourself

I cant play it as well as this guy, but if youre going to make a mini guitar, do it properly like the guitalele.

When I was a kid' date=' I learned on a Bari ukelale tuned to D G B E (top or bottom 4 gtr strings whichever your POV) at 3 years old that was perfect with the nylon strings. As I got older & my hands got bigger, I graduated to a 6 string gtr. Now that I have a few students, I've turned a few parents on to the "Mandobird" an electric mandolin tuned like the old my old Bari-Uke... Works perfect for small fingers. Plus it is a RIOT watching a little kid with a pint-sized Firebird!![/quote']

Not too many people have that info thanks... :-({|=

Instead of making those, why doesn't Epiphone make a GOOD (EXCELLENT) LP or SG with a 21" scale length? The scale length is the important thing when it comes to children. Don't make it cute. Make it good, and very playable. A $500 playable guitar for children. Let's be reasonable...tuition to to a private junior high school is $1,000 a month! Make a guitar that they can play while they are in high school for 2 weeks' tuition! :)

Archived