Gibson Brands Forums

Best acoustic company

Guitar Chico

Anybody here vote for Epiphones, not from the looks of it. I think THEY are right there with many companies, some really good ones and some not so HOT ones, its funny but as this is an Epiphone Forum, you'd think ONE person would have voted for them, so Epiphone I'll give you a 91.5 out of a 100%, the only thing I didn't like was the saddles.Ship

Anybody here vote for Epiphones' date=' not from the looks of it. I think THEY are right there with many companies, some really good ones and some not so HOT ones, its funny but as this is an Epiphone Forum, you'd think ONE person would have voted for them, so Epiphone I'll give you a 91.5 out of a 100%, the only thing I didn't like was the saddles.Ship[/quote']

I think acoustics are a very personal thing. You tend to find a company and become loyal to their product.

Time to buy a tin hat and start running...but I'm not a huge fan of Epi acoustics, sorry.

Originally I was a Yamaha man. I've been toying with Ovations of late.

But, in my opinion, the best bang-for-buck acoustics these days are crafted in your country. Yep, Godin (or rather Simon & Patrick / Seagull) can't be beaten for the money. I've got a SP6 with a cedar top and I love the thing.

Anybody here vote for Epiphones' date=' not from the looks of it. I think THEY are right there with many companies, some really good ones and some not so HOT ones, its funny but as this is an Epiphone Forum, you'd think ONE person would have voted for them, so Epiphone I'll give you a 91.5 out of a 100%, the only thing I didn't like was the saddles.Ship[/quote']

I'll certainly put the Masterbilts up there with practically anything, inc. some of the boutique brands. My own impression was that this thread was for the overall line, and I think Epi falls a bit on the bottom end of the line. I have a PR6E that is fine up to a point, but has some of the standard faults of the non-Masterbilts; e.g., sub-standard tuners.

Hey Bloozeguy I am curious as to your tuners, I also have a PR-6E in my stable and have found the tuners to be spot on. Mine have the Grover golds 18:1 ratio tuners on them and have always enjoyed Grovers, as I said the only disappointment I have had with mine was the saddle and the saddle slotting could have been a little more percise and have had some great recordings with mine, the neck is great and the intonation is just so ever slightly off, you only see and notice it when trying to tune it with a Peterson Strobe tuner, ohter then that she has been a real work horse for me and I mean reallllllll. work horse, she has about 85 studio hours on her and thats not including all of the other hours I have put on her.Ship

There are a number of great American Craftsmen who make custom guitars....

That is the BEST, one made by a Master of his Trade for one person....who may become a Master of his Trade.

Everything else is just opinion on sound choice and playing style...even mass produced guitars sound differently from one to another...

The best Guitar is the one you can play and get the sound you want...a good guitarist can make a $100 guitar sound wonderful....

Like Conway Twitty said: "It ain't the car, its the driver..." He could make a Tradition sound like an ES 339....better actually...

joe

Archived