Gibson Brands Forums

Is it a Les Paul or SG ????

claydots

I have a real sweet '61 Epi SG/LP Custom that I would like to sell. It's like new and I thought I would post it here and ask for some input on price. The only thing that is not original are the tuners. Real Gibson/Grover 18:1 tulip headed machine heads have been installed.

EpiSGLPangle2.jpg

EpiSGLPbodyback.jpg

EpiSGLPbodyclose.jpg

EpiSGLPcasecandy.jpg

EpiSGLPfull.jpg

EpiSGLPheadstockangle.jpg

EpiSGLPheadstockback.jpg

EpiSGLPincase.jpg

That's a lovely guitar.

To get an idea of price, you might want to watch this guy's auction of a vaguely similar guitar on e-bay, and then aim for more than he achieves!

http://cgi.ebay.com/EPIPHONE-SG-LES-PAUL-CUSTOM-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-AND-OHSC_W0QQitemZ390037006769QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item390037006769&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I think yours is a much more attractive guitar, however, given that yours is an epi custom shop limited edition, has the vibrola, the tuner-upgrade, and is clearly in mint condition. It also has the "U" (Unsung Korea) serial number.

What did you pay for it new? As I recall, these sold for around $500 with a case on top?

I think yours is a much more attractive guitar' date=' however, given that yours is an epi custom shop limited edition, has the vibrola, the tuner-upgrade, and is clearly in mint condition. It also has the "U" (Unsung Korea) serial number.

What did you pay for it new? As I recall, these sold for around $500 with a case on top?[/quote']

There is the rub... I can't remember what I paid for it. I bought it new, changed the machine heads and sort of forgot about it. I bet it has maybe 2 hours of play time on it. I must have been an impulse buy. The receipt is not in the case which is strange for me, everything else is there.

I hadn't thought about a trade...

Archived