Gibson Brands Forums

Second pickup change in 2 weeks.

BlueLesPaul2006

See anything new or different?

DSCN1703.jpg

DSCN1698.jpg

DSCN1694.jpg

about two weeks ago I changed my stock humbuckers to a set of GFS. I even added a video on youtube comparing the tone. Well I changed them again this time i put in a zebra set of Seymour Duncans his famous hot rodded humbucker set. A SH-2n and SH-4 JB. I love the tone

Which GFS did you have? How did you like it compared to what you had before and the SD's?

I'm having a problem really telling a difference between pickups myself because I am playing thru a crappy little digital amp and use digital effects

Which GFS did you have? How did you like it compared to what you had before and the SD's?

I'm having a problem really telling a difference between pickups myself because I am playing thru a crappy little digital amp and use digital effects

this explains it all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LdUs_cFrAU

I did like the GFS pickups but they were not my style.

Guest icantbuyafender

heh, now that is one looker of a les paul, sir.

No doubt a masterpiece.

Congratulations, and ship them p-ups! lol

also, link another little demo when you get the chance

See anything new or different?

about two weeks ago I changed my stock humbuckers to a set of GFS. I even added a video on youtube comparing the tone. Well I changed them again this time i put in a zebra set of Seymour Duncans his famous hot rodded humbucker set. A SH-2n and SH-4 JB. I love the tone

Nice job on the SDs. No offence, but I couldn't tell the difference between the stock Epi PUs and the GFS...:-k

Nice job on the SDs. No offence' date=' but I couldn't tell the difference between the stock Epi PUs and the GFS...default_eusa_wall.gif

In his youtube video it was a little tough to tell, but I just swapped out the Epis for a GFS '59 bridge and GFS Alnico II neck. The GFS have more clarity than the Epis, that's about the biggest difference. The bridge pups were totally different of course, with the Epi up at 14K it was reall a rock pickup- no overdrives needed- thick & driving, where the GFS was clearer & more vintage-y. One isn't better than the other, just different. I like the GFS bridge a little better because I think it makes for a better "middle position" tone, plus with a less-hot pup, you can always step on a drive, but with an already-hot pup, you can't really subtract gain if you want you.

Archived