Gibson Brands Forums

Mind Boggling Decision..

Bangbang

Just a side note:

Guitar Center has rolled back the prices on most Epi solid bodies. The SG Prophecy GX is back to $649. If you do, in fact, get $600 for your G400, you're only $50 away!

Not quite the stretch it was going to be originally. I wasn't sure if you were aware of the temporary price reductions ...

Jim

I just saw this topic and can add:

I have the prophecy SG with Dirty fingers. It is un believably good value and an amazing guitar in looks, sound and quality. I guarantee you will not consider changing the pickups. the Dirty Fingers is one of the best pickups Gibson (that right it is a genuine Gibson USA pickup) have ever made. The neck on the prophecy is way smoother and faster than the G400 which is already a nicer neck than the "real" Gibson SGs.

I am seeing new G400s selling for much less than $600! $599 will buy the G400 with EMGs right now. I have seen new Goth G400s go for as little as $299.

Prophecy SGs are currently $649 online. Prophecy futuras (EMG equipped) are online for $549. I have just ordered a futura because at that price it is hard not to!

Cool sale on that G400, Bang! I know you're gonna miss her and will probably own one again some day. However, I also know you are gonna be VERY happy with the Prophecy!!!

How long before you get her? Don't forget to post pics!!!

Jim

Cool sale on that G400' date=' Bang! I know you're gonna miss her and will probably own one again some day. However, I also know you are gonna be VERY happy with the Prophecy!!!

How long before you get her? Don't forget to post pics!!!

Jim[/quote']

Yep...gonna miss her but I think the Prophecy will help me get over it. I can't believe how smooth the action is.

Archived