Gibson Brands Forums

i've finally figured out my problem... now i need to solve it... EDIT: solved.

fenrirlupus

well, looks like both wires have broken off of the jack inside my guitar... cheap semi-hollow "oscar schmidt oe30"

now how might i go about getting them back on? the jack seems impossible to get off...

EDIT: i've solved the problem so i guess you can just let the thread die...

sort of reminded me of replacing the pickups... but a bit less time consuming. still frustrating.

well' date=' looks like both wires have broken off of the jack inside my guitar... cheap semi-hollow "oscar schmidt oe30"now how might i go about getting them back on? the jack seems impossible to get off...[/quote']

Need pics...

you mean from the inside? i can barely even get enough room to see through the f hole to the jack...

I used my favorite search technique to score info fast' date=' here are 2 pix of an OE30, looks like access to

the jack will be via the pick up hole - someone had to assemble it, sooooo...just have to reverse

engineer, unless there's an access port on the back?

[img'][/img]spd_20080215134036_b.jpg

oscar.jpg

I used my favorite search technique to score info fast' date=' here are 2 pix of an OE30, looks like access to

the jack will be via the pick up hole - someone had to assemble it, sooooo...just have to reverse

engineer, unless there's an access port on the back?[/quote']

Most semi-hollows have holes from the pickup cavities to the lower bout that

are only big enough for wires, and most don't have rear access. I hope Lupus enjoys fishing.....

1. Unscrew jack nut and push jack inside guitar.

2. Turn upside down and shake jack out.

3. Use coathanger to pull jack wires out through f-hole.

4. Resolder jack (check for proper polarity)

5. Tie string to inside of jack (through jack hole), pull jack back into place.

6. Thread jack nut over string, tighten down.

Should take about 40 mins.

Most semi-hollows have holes from the pickup cavities to the lower bout that

are only big enough for wires' date=' and most don't have rear access. I hope Lupus enjoys fishing.....[/quote']

catching real fish like that is illegal.

it was easy to get the jack out and put it back in, it was getting the wire out that was a problem...

and just so you know, this guitar's design SUCKS. if you want it, don't get it unless you can re-wire it. it would probably be more worth it to get a dot anyway, better fret access...

Archived