Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone cherry wilshire bat wing headstock reissue

rathole

Hi-- I am new here--I am an old fart so be kind to the elderly. :)

I got an epiphone email about a contest where they were giving one of these away--of course I entered but don't expect to win. :) the reissue looked like a duplicate of my original.

anyway I have an original 1964 cherry wilshire and thought it would be cool to have the reissue hanging on the wall with the original--I seen a young kid playing one on a youtube video so there has to be some for sale--I have searched the internet and can't find out anything about them--I would appreciate any info on where I could possibly get one of these--I thought they were probably new this year but the kid on youtube claims his is a 2007 model.

anybody know anything about them?

thanks in advance for any info.

I couldn't figure out how to post a picture of my original--like I said I'm an old fart

rathole

Hello uncle,

Welcome to the forum.

You might find this thread is what you're looking for:

http://forums.epiphone.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=9168

There was a reissue back in 2006/07 of the Wilshire with batwing and full sized humbuckers. Available in white or cherry. There seems to be a new reissue out this year from some pictures seen on a german based website called Thomann. This new reissue appears to have mini humbuckers and three finish options.

I think the original reissues with the full sized humbuckers can be found on ebay from time to time so check it out.

But, those guitars shouldn't just hang on a wall.. they should be played!!

I tried to post a pic but I can't figure out how---do you have to have them hosted somewhere else or can you upload right from your computer? like I said I am old. :)

rathole

Welcome to the forum(s) !!! Yup' date=' they need to be uploaded to a host somewhere - free sites such as www.photobucket.com make it easy. You upload your photo there, then just copy the image location , then click on the little icon in the post/reply window here that kinda looks like mountains and orange sun [img']http://forums.epiphone.com/editors/yafEditor/image.gif[/img] and paste the location in there (between the img and the /img that appear in your post )....voila, pics posted !!!

And we do like pics :D/

Hi-- I am new here--I am an old fart so be kind to the elderly. :(

I got an epiphone email about a contest where they were giving one of these away--of course I entered but don't expect to win. :) the reissue looked like a duplicate of my original.

anyway I have an original 1964 cherry wilshire and thought it would be cool to have the reissue hanging on the wall with the original--I seen a young kid playing one on a youtube video so there has to be some for sale--I have searched the internet and can't find out anything about them--I would appreciate any info on where I could possibly get one of these--I thought they were probably new this year but the kid on youtube claims his is a 2007 model.

anybody know anything about them?

thanks in advance for any info.

I couldn't figure out how to post a picture of my original--like I said I'm an old fart

rathole

WELL' date=' AS LONG AS YOUR MIND'S STILL ACTIVE, THAT'S THE IMPORTANT THING.[/b']

mgrmatt

I really don't know the actual weight--its pretty light though its only about 1 1/2" thick.

it also has a little crack where the neck connects to the body--when my 1st child was about 2 1/2 i leaned it up against the couch to answer the door and she tipped it over--she is 37 years old now--I still scold her about it. #-o

thanks guys for the warm welcome

rathole

It looks great to be 37 years old. Battle scars are part of it,especially if you've had one that long.It looks like it's got all kinds of mojo and I'll bet it's real comfortable to play. Thanks for sharing the pics!

mgm

I've actually had it for 42 years --since 1967--my dad bought it for me when I was 13--he found it at a pawn shop--we were pretty poor --they wanted $150.00 for it. he didn't have that much so he traded his saxophone and some cash for it. It was my first guitar. I loved it then and will have it till I die--I hope one of my Grandkids will take a liking to it and keep it in the family.

rathole

Archived