Gibson Brands Forums

Seymour Duncan Antiquity Pick-ups

bvarsel

I'm changing out the pick-ups on my LP-100 and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Seymour Duncan "Antiquity" humbuckers? They are a little pricey at $120 each but was wondering if they are worth it. Any info would be appreciated

I'm changing out the pick-ups on my LP-100 and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Seymour Duncan "Antiquity" humbuckers? They are a little pricey at $120 each but was wondering if they are worth it. Any info would be appreciated

I have the hotrodded humbucker set in my LP Standard and I love them. I do not mean this to offend you but why upgrade the LP-100 to a set of pickups that are almost more expensive than the guitar itself? I got the set for $130. that would be almost half the price of the antiquity.

I have the hotrodded humbucker set in my LP Standard and I love them. I do not mean this to offend you but why upgrade the LP-100 to a set of pickups that are almost more expensive than the guitar itself? I got the set for $130. that would be almost half the price of the antiquity.

Maybe bvarsel likes the feel of the LP-100

I fully understand that he might love his guitar and as I said before I do not wish to offend him. all I am saying is that he can get a nice tone with pickups that are less expensive.

You're correct, just because something is more expensive doesn't mean its always better.... I'll admit I was ready to lay down $350 Seymour Duncan CC pup. But gave the VVG CC pup a spin for $99 instead. Definitely one of the best $250 decisions I've made concerning a pup decision.

I had the surprise of getting a pair in my used purchase of my Elitist Sheri. Great thing was, the seller had no idea what PUP's were in the guitar - he just said they were not original, so it did not affect his asking price!!!

... and I had quite a nice surprise when I found they were SD's during my last string change.

](*,)

IMG_0769.jpg

Guest icantbuyafender

i bought a LP-100 for like a week. But returned it for the killer deal i got on my LP std+

I'll admit it had a GREAT feel to it-- didnt have the heft of the LP std+ and the neck was slim. super comfortable.

Id spring for the hot rodded set. it is always highly recommended

Thanks everyone for your input. I bought the 100 a couple months ago to see if I would get back into playing. Hadn't played in quite a while. So I didn't want to spend $$$ until I was sure. Well I'm playing a couple hours a day now and can't remember why I stopped! I do like the LP-100. When I got it it was pretty rough but after some basic set-up it came to life. I got a pretty nice player for very little coin. Currently in the process of changing out the electronics and the Antiquity's caught my eye. Liked the factor Seymour signs each one....kind of like owning/playing a little bit of history! Anyway probably will go with the Hot Rods and save the change for my next toy....100W tube half stack. Oh yeah EpiSheriMan nice surprise huh!!?? A little bit of history!

Archived