Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for quick input about a "F*nder Strat" 2003 or 2002

animalfarm

When I was first playing electric guitar everybody I knew had bought a pacifica! Cracking guitars for the money.

Pacificas were very popular in the mid-1990s as I recall. I actually bought it because I was studying in England at the time (and doing a fair bit of travelling around). I had left my Telecaster at home in the U.S., and I just wanted a cheap guitar that I didn't have to worry about too much. Saw the Pacifica in the shop window. Couldn't believe how well it played for the price...

In the end I went home with the Pacifica and also a candy apple red Japanese Jaguar. This caused something of a "discussion" with the customs fascist at Philadelphia International Airport, but in the end he relented.

All these years later I still have the Pacifica. Alas, not the Jaguar.

Man; thats too bad. I was hoping it would be a good one. As I mentioned, i am very happy with mine and it has helped me " re-discover " Strats. Mine definantly has that Strat tone, the Gotoh tuners stay in tune great, and I bend the sh*t out of those strings.

The new Vintage Vibe models are aewsome. I played one at a local shop and they live up to the hype. I would pick the VM over a MIM anyday.

For what it is worth' date=' I think that is massively overpriced. What you describe sounds like a neglected guitar that was a cheap guitar in the first place. [/quote']

Seems that way. I already have a"beater git", wasn't looking for 2nd one. I told

the gentleman his grandson may want to realistically reassess what he will get offered for it

as it is a PROJECT at this time...

oh' date=' there's nothing wrong with fender. say the word.

i mean, who cares if someone wants a thin, harsh sounding axe with virtually no sustain and tons of string tension on the high strings, plus a cheaply made bolt-on neck...

[/quote']

What's the point in posting gibberish like that?

Fenders are great in their own way (as are Gibson / Epiphones)

violent-smiley-1694.gif

I have a Fender 1979 USA Strat with a swamp ash body and rosewood fretboard that I bought new. It's a heavy guitar with the "Eric" tone.

Recently, I bought a butterscotch blond Squire Tele for $169 because I always wanted a Tele. It's a light guitar, listed as alder, but way light for alder. I popped in a set of Fender custom shop Texas Specials and it sounds great. As an afterthought, I think I should have bought the MIM Tele for $339 instead. After spending $134 for the Texas Specials, I had about the same money in the Chinese Squire.

I fell in love with the butterscotch blonde. Had I bought the MIM Tele, I would have had to settle for a color or a sunburst finish.

Guest icantbuyafender

the vibe strats and teles are quite good.

some people just dont like squier.

the jagmaster to me is pretty nifty.

the thing to remember is all cheapies have their place.... some of them you just have to ask where that place is.

i have an old squier strat, nothing fancy. its a good guitar to thrash around in.

:-/ although id admit i just feel like it is nothin more than a dust collecter... or a decoration.

Archived