Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul stopbar height

Dave

There's been discussion before on stopbar height, but recently I read some posts in another forum about adjusting the stopbar up to make the strings clear the right side of the bridge and inserting spacers to allow the stopbar to be screwed down tight at that point, increasing sustain and maintaining the string clearance over the bridge base.

Anyone know where I can get bushings/spacers to do this? I've tried overwrapping and went back to the standard string installation. Overwrapping loosens the action and changes the feel of the instrument.

Well, I rekon there'd be a whole lot of debate about string angle, but mines adjusted to bottom, so the stops touching the body of the guitar, and that puppy rings like a bell, some would say the difference is negligible, but I hear a noticable difference. Your results may vary.

Well' date=' I rekon there'd be a whole lot of debate about string angle, but mines [b']adjusted to bottom, so the stops touching the body of the guitar,[/b] and that puppy rings like a bell, some would say the difference is negligible, but I hear a noticable difference. Your results may vary.
Same here ..... and the strings do not touch the bridge at all - and it ain't like my bridge is all that low (I prefer my action a lil higher on electrics over the past 10 years of playing acoustics as well, so the transition from one to the other isn't so "shocking" to my central nervous system 8-[

Archived