Gibson Brands Forums

How much can I get?

RUkidingME

Hey all,

Due to hard economic times, I'm looking to thin the herd and I think the first to go will be my Elitist LP. I don't have with me right now so I can't tell you the SN but I have an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Studio in all white. It's in mint condition save one chip on the side that's about a half inch in diameter. I also have the purple plush Epi hard shell case in mint condition.

These things don't sell often, if ever, on eBay so it's hard to get a good idea but what do you guys think I could sell it for?

Thanks in advance for any opinions!

I would love to have it myself but, being that I can't afford it anyway, i will give you an honest answer. The Studios don't come along often because they were not produced as long as the Standard models. I would think, in the condition you described, that $500 - $ 600 would be a fair price.

Parawui - Thanks, it's been so long I wasn't even aware there was a trading section at this point - I'll try that. Also, I'll get some pics up later tonight.

I think I paid $400 for it off craigslist about 2 years ago - I can barely remember. Did they really go for 9 or 10 new?

Parawui -

I think I paid $400 for it off craigslist about 2 years ago - I can barely remember. Did they really go for 9 or 10 new?

No; they were not that expensive new. The original Elitist Standards, which were available at the same time as the Studio was around $1000 new. I got mine for $899 on blowout. The Studios were around $699 new at went down to about $549 when they were dis-continued.

Archived