Gibson Brands Forums

I need help/advice

JuiceStain

Hello, I created an account specifically for this problem I have:

I just had an accident involving my very first guitar that I hold very dear, an Epiphone SG special. In short, the story ends with the guitar's neck getting cracked, thus forcing me to have to repair or-- more likely-- replace the neck. Now, I've put quite some work into that guitar...I've been told that it's almost on par with Gibson standards as far as sound and tone goes. As cheap as the guitar initially was, I've invested quite a bit in it and don't wanna go the path of buying a brand new guitar to replace it, as someone has suggested.

My question is if anyone knows where I could find a replacement neck for my guitar? I've checked ebay, but there weren't really any I found, and in all honestly I'd like to try other sources before ebay. Any help or advice in this situation would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hello' date=' I created an account specifically for this problem I have:

I just had an accident involving my very first guitar that I hold very dear, an Epiphone SG special. In short, the story ends with the guitar's neck getting cracked, thus forcing me to have to repair or-- more likely-- replace the neck. Now, I've put quite some work into that guitar...I've been told that it's almost on par with Gibson standards as far as sound and tone goes. As cheap as the guitar initially was, I've invested quite a bit in it and don't wanna go the path of buying a brand new guitar to replace it, as someone has suggested.

[i']My question is if anyone knows where I could find a replacement neck for my guitar?[/i] I've checked ebay, but there weren't really any I found, and in all honestly I'd like to try other sources before ebay. Any help or advice in this situation would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sorry to hear about the accident Juice..........

If you'll google "used guitar parts", several parts houses will come up with just about any part (including necks) you could ask for..........surely one of them will have the neck you need/want, perhaps even with trap. inlays.

Best of luck, let us know how it goes. Bender

All depends on the money you want to spend, if it's a bolt on I would be patient and keep checking, if it's set net there are some on ebay that are mahogany with ebony and the nice inlays for under a hundred bucks. I was considering this when I purchased my latest studio with a cracked neck. I got the guitar and found that I can repair it and save a bunch. It took me a little digging to find medical grade syringes so that I dont have to break the neck off completely to repair. If the break or crack isn't that bad or even if it is you might consider repairing it.

Thanks guys. Wow, I got replies faster than I expected. This is great.

Luckily it is a bolt on neck, which makes it a little easier to replace. I'll have to explore the different avenues and see what happens. I'm trying to do it as soon as possible and at a reasonable price

Search eBay for direct replacements - for the SG Special, the Les Paul Special II, the Les Paul Junior, the G-310, and the LP-100. I may be mistaken, but I assume they're interchangable, in order to maintain Gibson scale.

If you want to spend extra, Warmoth may make a neck you can use. I know they make Gibson-scale necks, but I don't know if the bolts would line up.

Guest icantbuyafender

search ebay!!!!!!!

I have found necks (bolt on epi special LP and SG) go for as much as 60 and as cheap as 25

should not be hard to find one unless you are picky on the color

What have you done to the SG to get it to sound this good? what mods?

Except for the time it takes and the cost' date=' it was a pretty simple procedure. I got all the replacement parts from GuitarFetish.com

Here's some of the work I did:

1) I've replaced the pickups: swapped out the standard pickups with some GFS crunchy rail humbuckers

2) Swapped out the tuners; as a result, it stays in tune PHENOMENALLY. After I string up and tune my guitar, I don't have to tune it unless I change the tuning or until I replace the strings.

3) Replaced the pots and toggle switch.

The pickups were the REAL key to getting the great tone. I play a lot of hard rock/grunge/metal-type stuff, and those crunchy rails were perfect.

Archived