Gibson Brands Forums

Sticker in Epi Dot Worn Brown.

Elliott

I am thinking of purchasing Epiphone Dot Worn Brown.

Would there be any way of me being able to remove the sticker that can be seen through the top f hole, It doesn't look nice.

And what is the purpose of the sticker ?

It's got the serial number on it for one thing. Might be harder to prove it's legit if you ever want to sell it or need to call on the warranty.

First off, good call on the dot studio. I own one in the sunburst and I've kept it completely stock, the pickups are better than I had expected. (I do wanna sell it and trade up to a cherry dot though, I just like the way those look better)

And yeah, that sticker is annoying but short of painting over it (which i considered but never did) there isn't much you can do about it.

let it ride......stickers/labels in the F- hole have been around for hundreds of years, I think their cool. Just think how interesting the guitar will be in years to come with the original sticker intact. Its a very important part of that particular guitars identity.

my Dot SE says so on the internal sticker .Thats its ID in a sense ,other than the serial number of course .At a wild stab I suppose Gibsons ES series were Electro Spanish and most Spanish guitars have a paper sticker inside .I would leave it in there .Its part of the guitar .

Archived