Gibson Brands Forums

OK, Stupid Tuner Question....

What brands of tuners has anyone used to replace the stock Epi's? My Lester Classic is an Unsung built axe and I've been toying with the idea of replacing the tuners. Anyone use any drop in replacements? I know I can ream the holes larger to go with Sperzels, but I was really looking at the Grover Sta-Tites. I love the looks of them. Any other suggestions of decent tuners that will fit without modding?

Grover_18:1_Sta-Tites_Detail.jpg

L8R,

Matt

Aaaarg, Complex question. If your LP was made prior to 2002, the Sta-tites will drop right in. If it's a newer model with Grovers, the Sta-tites will need special adaptor bushings since the existing holes are larger. In this latter case you might want to consider a set of Grover Vintage 135N tuners; these are a straight fit and will give you that vintage Les Paul 'Kluson' look.

135n_1.jpg

-Thanks for the reply. My Epi is from October '02, but it still has the vintage Kluson style tuners with the small press in bushings. Identical to the one you pictured above, but it has the Epi "E" on the backs and not the threaded bushings.

L8R,

Matt

Archived