Gibson Brands Forums

Need help finding power supply

Hey guys, a friend of mine gave me his old Boss SE-50 rack effects unit. Trouble is, no power supply. I found the matching one online, but it's 40 bucks, and that seems ridiculous for a free toy that I probably won't even use. So, I'm turning to the local forum, to see if anyone has a spare lying around they'd like to sell on the cheap or work out a trade or something for it. It's a Boss BRB-120. If no luck, no biggie, I'll sell it in a garage sale or something. Thanks!

If you have the specs you should be able to find one.

Try Boss's website for the specs.. or find someone who has a power supply for his.. and have him read the specs off it.

probably find one for half that much.

TWANG

The PS should be a Roland (Boss was/maybe still is a Roland company) BRB 120. Specs are 12v AC @1500mA (1.5 amps). Because it's output is AC and not DC the polarity doesn't really matter. I couldn't find the current draw of the SE 50 so I don't know what minimum output PS could be used. Also, in case you want a run down of what the SE 50 can do, check this link: http://www.bossarea.com/other/se50.asp

I have the specs for it, the only reason I am looking for an actual brb120 instead of universal is because the plug is a much larger plug on the back of the unit. I've read some forums and harmony central etc and they all say the power supply is the achilles heel of this unit. I'll hit up my buddy and see if he can track it down. I thought I'd just check on here in case someone had one lying around. I think I'll post a WTB on craigslist too actually. Only one I could find for sale was on ebay, and it was from sweetwater music for 40 dollars, and it's just not worth it. Thanks for the replies fellas.

Archived