Gibson Brands Forums

Ya think one of these would work?

matiac

Ya know those little mics you clip to your lapel? I was thinkin' maybe I could clip one of those to one of the f-holes on my mandolin to mic it to an amp if it would work, or maybe be to feed-backy? Just another one of those crazy ideas I get from time to time, and would save me the money I don't have to spend on a Fishman. Hmm??

Ya know those little mics you clip to your lapel? I was thinkin' maybe I could clip one of those to one of the f-holes on my mandolin to mic it to an amp if it would work' date=' or maybe be to feed-backy? Just another one of those crazy ideas I get from time to time, and would save me the money I don't have to spend on a Fishman. Hmm??[/quote']

Only way to know is to try it. Unless you are singing, stay back from other microphones. Let us know how it turns out.

Ya know those little mics you clip to your lapel? I was thinkin' maybe I could clip one of those to one of the f-holes on my mandolin to mic it to an amp if it would work' date=' or maybe be to feed-backy? Just another one of those crazy ideas I get from time to time, and would save me the money I don't have to spend on a Fishman. Hmm??[/quote']

How about something like this???

I have one of those suction cup transducers that plugs into my tuner. Helps to get a good signal and it doesn't get confused by ambient noises, especially at a jam when 5 guys are tuning theirs as well. I got mine for.. I think somewhere between $12 and $14. I'm thinking it was closer to $12.

Mine has a 1/4" tip and ring connector. Do you think I could plug it into my karaoke mic input?

Someone did something like that with my steel dobro at an open mic a few years back. Actually did a pretty good job. It does have a McIntyre pickup in it now, though.

I saw someone playing at a coffehouse that had two of those duct taped to each side of his guitar's soundhole. It didn't sound bad. It LOOKED funny, though, with the big grey patches of tape, LOL.

Good luck. I'm hoping your housing and work predicments will work out, and soon. You've got a good spirit; keep up all the positivism.

Red 333

Archived