Gibson Brands Forums

Epi LockTone™ tune-o-matic/Stopbar System

epi369

Where can I buy this Epi LockTone™ tune-o-matic/Stopbar System...

LockTight3.jpg

Epiphone tune-o-matic/Stopbar System

6th : - 6.53dB

4th : - 23.79 dB

1st : - 37.31 dB

Average of all three string averages combined = - 22.54 dB loss

Epi LockTone™ tune-o-matic/Stopbar System

6th : - 6.9 dB

4th : -15.36 dB

1st : - 29.70 dB

Average of all three string averages combined = -17.32 dB loss

~ more sustain and better tones.....

more details here...

http://www.epiphone.com/Doctor/locktone.html

I don't know if your just looking for the stopbar' date=' or if you want that AND a bridge.

Below is a link of many who sell both.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Epiphone+guitar+tune-o-matic&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_dmpt=Guitar_Accessories&_odkw=Epiphone+guitar+tailpiece&_osacat=0

[/quote']

Thanks for the link... but I'm looking for the "Lock tone" version both stopbar and the bridge which epi using in all their latest e-guitars... I guess those in ebay are the old versions of epi/gib stopbar n bridge...

Wondering if anybody has yet tried something I've been considering for a while now... Going through a good hardware distributor like Fastenal, picking up a bunch of small set screws and a matching tap/drill bit. Drilling and tapping the factory bridge and stopbar for set screws and winding up with a TonePros equivilant? The metal isn't much more than pot metal I don't believe and shouldn't be that hard to hand tap, I wouldn't think. Might take a few donors to get the proceedure down, but if I'm right, for a minimal outlay of cash, (I'm guessing $10.- $15.), one could probably do 25 or so guitars. Basically that's about all that's taking place with these systems: is simply some sort of mechanical locking to the posts. Small or large posts wouldn't matter much just so long as positive clamping was achieved, I think. Maybe the TonePros parts are made from a harder alloy but I doubt it... I'm gonna give this a whirl sometime soon; but as I mentioned I was wondering if anybody else had already tried it.

Wedgie

Wondering if anybody has yet tried something I've been considering for a while now... Going through a good hardware distributor like Fastenal' date=' picking up a bunch of small set screws and a matching tap/drill bit. Drilling and tapping the factory bridge and stopbar for set screws and winding up with a TonePros equivilant?

[/quote']

Haven't tried it myself. But it is a common mod on some LP-forums. If you use a Gotoh bridge/stopbar you essentially have an expensive Tonepro on your hands. (Tonepro is made by Gotoh). $25 versus $65 something, just for the stopbar. If you have the tools and/or know how to work your metal I'd say that's worth a shot.

Haven't tried it myself. But it is a common mod on some LP-forums. If you use a Gotoh bridge/stopbar you essentially have an expensive Tonepro on your hands. (Tonepro is made by Gotoh). $25 versus $65 something' date=' just for the stopbar. If you have the tools and/or know how to work your metal I'd say that's worth a shot.[/quote']

Hmmm... never think of it...do some metal work... thanks for the idea...

Archived