Gibson Brands Forums

Help with an Amp

Thawk Dean

I've been at this git stuff for a little over 6 months now. I've been playing my Epi P350E strictly acoustically because the electronic output isn't working. I'm sure it's the wire laying loose in the body that is the problem. I'm gong to restring it so am going to see if I can get the wire reconnected. If that brings the elecronics "to life", I'm going to be looking to get a nice practice amp. I need some help on what I need to look for. I want something NICE but reasonably priced. I've been playing in my "closet" for 6 months now and trying to be nice to my wife and neighbors. Enough "Mr Nice Guy", I want to hear what my git sounds like from the other side of the git.

Thanks,

Dean

I've been at this git stuff for a little over 6 months now. I've been playing my Epi P350E strictly acoustically because the electronic output isn't working. I'm sure it's the wire laying loose in the body that is the problem. I'm gong to restring it so am going to see if I can get the wire reconnected. If that brings the elecronics "to life"' date=' I'm going to be looking to get a nice practice amp. I need some help on what I need to look for. I want something NICE but reasonably priced. I've been playing in my "closet" for 6 months now and trying to be nice to my wife and neighbors. Enough "Mr Nice Guy", I want to hear what my git sounds like from the other side of the git.

Thanks,

Dean[/quote']

The small (10-15 watt) Crate acoustic amps are supposed to be very nice and are certainly well priced.

At one of my gigs, the house has a Fender Acoustasonic 30 which does the trick in a relatively small venue. It is smaller/cheaper than the Acoustasonic Jr. in spite of the name. Might cost out of your range.

I've been trying to figure oout how to pry the little amp out of the Epi PR4 package without having to take the POS guitar. The amp has gotten some nice reviews for what it is (about what you're looking for, seems to me) and in one test drive at the local GC did OK. Am thinking to offer the guitar to one of my kids for a learner, and I get the amp.

A lot of people like Rolands, seems to me, but we are probably talking oout of your price range. I'd say in terms of availability, quality and price, the Crates might best fill your bill and thereby float your boat.

The Vox Pathfinder 15R is a great little amp I run my electric-acoustics through it and they sound really nice especially with a touch of reverb.They only cost about $140.

Archived