Gibson Brands Forums

what are the dimensions of the valve senior chassis and the firefly 30's?

Just curious... If i could buy the head, rip out the chassis and stick it in the firefly cabinet, then stick the firefly chassis in the valve senior head cab... I'd be able to fit an accutronics type 9 (17" AND 3 spring!!) reverb, and i wouldn't need to buy a cab... then there's the convenience, and the fact that i don't need any more low end than what i've got (actually, i need more high end methinks)

I'm not expecting it to work, but heck, as long as it's free to post topics on this forum... I will ask random questions that might lead to something a year or so in the future.

I guess that's all I need for now, because I can always pull apart my firefly to check the dimensions... If It could be as simple as sliding one tray out, and another in... then having a 1x10 6v6 push/pull tube combo amp... That'd be awesome. I'd want to put the head back together some time though, so i could run it through a 4x12 or maybe even a 4x10/1x15 full stack... depending how much power I need... (don't you dare suggest that I just get a more powerful head and less cabinets! MUST HAVE 6V6!!!)

Archived