Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Les Paul Jr with a WHITE dog ear P90?????

w1av

Hi,

There's a nice Epiphone Les Paul Junior (black) for sale locally but it has a WHITE dog ear P90. I have never seen white on these models, always black. Is the white cover just a fluke or special run? I am trying to get a hold of seller (on Craigslist) to make an offer cause I want the guitar. The white P90 intrigues me though! Any ideas??????

3p83o63lb5Q35Pe5S69bteea2b45a13d813.jpg

Well, there's more than one kind of Epi LP Jr. The "good" ones are the discontinued '57 Reissue which have a solid mahogany body, decent hardware, black Epi P90s, and sold for $400 new and can be had used for around $300.

The el cheapo ones have a plywood body, plastic parts and white P90 (older) or a really crappy humbucker (newer) and sell new for $129, and used for chump change. The el cheapo I got at GC this weekend was priced at $89 new as a doorbuster. I actually paid $78 as part of another coupon purchase. If you pay more than $75 for one of these used, you're getting ripped off.

I threw the pickup, jack, jack plate, tuners, and wiring away already. I only bought it to make mistakes on, in anticipation of modding an Epi and/or real Gibby at some point early next year.

Well' date=' there's more than one kind of Epi LP Jr. The "good" ones are the discontinued '57 Reissue which have a solid mahogany body, decent hardware, black Epi P90s, and sold for $400 new and can be had used for around $300.

quote']

You mean like the one on the right?

Balance.jpg

Archived