Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson guitar tones?

Naradien

Hey guys..its me again...just wasting time..but I have a question. Out of the les, explorer, firebird, sg, and flying V, which one do you think has the harshest metal tone? Which one has the best clean tone? And which guitar, in the gibson guitars, do you think is the most legendary. Axe, i know yours is gonna be a firebird, say something different XD =D>

Actually the Explorer is the rippiest with the V a close second . Same basic setup , pickups and body wood , just different shapes ..................................................... My Bird is just special .

a explorer with some emgs dropped in there just like papa het's

les paul is the most famous though

ha james has used a flying V during the early years then he went to explorers from lightning to justice, and then les pauls alot after that. actualy james and kirk mainly use les pauls in the studio

Les Paul has the biggest, broadest classic rock sound, SG is a little thinner, sharper sounding.

Never played a Firebird much, but I like the tone alot. Mini ceramic humbuckers, lotsa snarl, almost like a hot P-90.

Explorer and Flying V are alot alike from what I've played them, I had a V for a year or so with a Duncan JB in the bridge and it was HOT. HARD rock and metal for sure, it's just that I don't play much of that so I sold it.

Best clean tone? Les Paul, hands down.

Damned straight, but the 335 was not one of the choices.

My 335 is my Cold Dead Hands Gibson.

It will do probably 80% of the rock a Les Paul will, and gives a badass rude tone.

Alot of rock n roll was BORN on that guitar.

On the cleaner side, it's heaven.

A Les Paul is surprisingly warm when played clean and low volumes, it's just that nobody ever does.

Everybody should spend some quality time with a ES-335, get to know it better. You will NOT regret it.

Archived