Gibson Brands Forums

Tuning machine replacements for EPI LES PAUL jr.

Thomas Ford

Actually I bought a set from a guy on EBay, they look the same, screw holes are in the same location AND the tension is ADJUSTABLE like a Grover, by tightening the screw that holds the knobs on.

Here's a link to what I bought, you could contact him! He is in Canada, took about 20 days to receive them, but that was right before Christmas.

Epiphone Tuners

Also StewMac.Com sells "economy" tuners, part#0935 for $19.81 a set that are VERY close dimension wise, but they don't give a dimension on the screw hole locations.I suppose you could contact them and find out. But they do have a minimum order of like $30.

Actually I bought a set from a guy on EBay' date=' they look the same, screw holes are in the same location AND the tension is ADJUSTABLE like a Grover, by tightening the screw that holds the knobs on.

Here's a link to what I bought, you could contact him! He is in Canada, took about 20 days to receive them, but that was right before Christmas.

Epiphone Tuners

Also StewMac.Com sells "economy" tuners, part#0935 for $19.81 a set that are VERY close dimension wise, but they don't give a dimension on the screw hole locations.I suppose you could contact them and find out. But they do have a minimum order of like $30.

The thing is, he wanted better tuners than the ones that were on there now.

The ones on ebay don't look to be much of an upgrade to me.

Actually I bought a set from a guy on EBay' date=' they look the same, screw holes are in the same location AND the tension is ADJUSTABLE like a Grover, by tightening the screw that holds the knobs on.

Epiphone Tuners

Thanks Much Tom

The thing is' date=' he wanted better tuners than the ones that were on there now.

The ones on ebay don't look to be much of an upgrade to me.[/quote']

They aren't Grover or Schaller's, but they will fit without drilling new holes (which wouldn't be much of a concern to me unless it was a vintage instrument) and the ones I got are adjustable (from EBay)! Just a suggestion! I would go for Grovers myself.

Archived