Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Supernova Natural

baxterbeats

I DO think these will be colectable at some point' date=' along with the Elite/Elitists in the distant future (35-50 years from now).[/quote']

And the Zakk Wyldes and Slashes too right?? People will forget who these guys are, and they will be worth LESS. Remember the Lita Ford Alvarez electric? What do you think it's going for now? You can even find some nice deals on a Trini Lopez if you look around, and those were actually nice guitars.

And the Zakk Wyldes and Slashes too right?? People will forget who these guys are' date=' and they will be worth LESS. Remember the Lita Ford Alvarez electric? What do you think it's going for now? You can even find some nice deals on a Trini Lopez if you look around, and those were actually [i']nice[/i] guitars.

No. The Zakk and Slash models won't be worth more that they were new, because they were made in Korea and China. Go look at what other Japan made guitars are selling for, e.i Tokai, Burny, Greco, ect. Those are niche items, no doubt, but they consitently sell for more than they did new, even adjusted for inflation. This is what I predict for the Elite/Elitist line in 30-35 years, and will go up (marginally) from there.

And everybody knows Alvarez electrics suck.

If you checked it out and know what you are looking at I would guess the factory decided to do up a few NA's whether they were in the catalog or not.

If that one had been around when I scored my Manchester Blue one I would have grabbed that one.

Hey Smokey do you still have all the known models as your avitar shows? If so do the trans finish ones have better or more wooden tone than the Blue one.

I ask becuase I own a Jorma and the Supernova and the Jorma sounds more open, lively and woody while the Supernova kind of sounds like it is burried under a towel or paint.

i haven't played these babies for a while, you've now got me thinking so i might give them a whirl.... The cherry and Ebony could do with the frets cleaning up and i'm fairly convinced that the CH has the original strings on it (it still has the factory protective film on parts!). The CH, EB and VS are all 97s while the UJ is a 05 so i am expecting the early ones to be a bit more responsive. i'll let you know the results!

i haven't played these babies for a while' date=' you've now got me thinking so i might give them a whirl.... The cherry and Ebony could do with the frets cleaning up and i'm fairly convinced that the CH has the original strings on it (it still has the factory protective film on parts!). The CH, EB and VS are all 97s while the UJ is a 05 so i am expecting the early ones to be a bit more responsive. i'll let you know the results![/quote']

Thanks. Let me know the results when you get a chance to play them.

• 1 month later...

Archived