Gibson Brands Forums

what is this gtr

rml

They probably hacked the head like that so it could fit in a regular case.

Probably' date=' the elongated Epiphone headstock could have prohibited it from fitting in a standard 335 case, so he lopped it off.

Like Gerry Marsden and the Rickenbacker 12 string. Brian Epstein got him one like George's, I think it was the 3rd 360-12 made. Gerry had a custom travel case made for it, but it was a bit short to fit the guitar. So Gerry cut off a piece of the headstock. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

[img']http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/85000388.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548E71719A87B98B1708F7057169CF80958D82DF9925DAADD2A[/img]

I have to say, I've not heard anything by Otis Rush before, and cannot believe how deprived I have been. Man it sucks not having grown up in that era, around such great music, but thankfully I have found it now. He sure makes that Riv sing. Canot wait to listen to more.

I have to say' date=' I've not heard anything by Otis Rush before, and cannot believe how deprived I have been. Man it sucks not having grown up in that era, around such great music, but thankfully I have found it now. He sure makes that Riv sing. Canot wait to listen to more.[/quote']

geez my man, i didnt grown up in that era but, I was also born and raise in the city of new orleans witch lends its taste to music lovers, luckly my old man was a huge music buff and brought me up the right way, he is excellent , ive got an 0tis Rush & Buddy Guy album its fantastic, shoot my a p.m. with you email and ill email ya the 2 albms i got by him...

also i doubt its that awesome in sweedn but I found living in baton rouge, and new orleans, the public libraries have a huuuuuugeeee wealth of insanely great music that is hard to find these days, alot of these old guys recording on small labels that dont exist anymore

Archived