Gibson Brands Forums

Hey JerryMac- How about a Gretsch Historic Series G3700 Sierra Jumbo electric/acoustic -HNGD!!!

lpfan

Hey JerryMac or anybody else- I misssed out on a Gretcsh awhile back on ebay, but I found a Gretsch on the local craigslist. The dude is asking $400 but said he could do $350 for a Gretsch Historic Series G3700. I like the way it looks in the pics he e-mailed but don't know about the sound. Anyway I'm gonna try and get it if he still has it around thursday or friday. I just wondered if anybody has had any experience with these and how was the experience? Thanks.

Hey JerryMac or anybody else- I misssed out on a Gretcsh awhile back on ebay' date=' but I found a Gretsch on the local craigslist. The dude is asking $400 but said he could do $350 for a Gretsch Historic Series G3700. I like the way it looks in the pics he e-mailed but don't know about the sound. Anyway I'm gonna try and get it if he still has it around thursday or friday. I just wondered if anybody has had any experience with these and how was the experience? Thanks.[/quote']

Haven't played one, but I liked the Historic Series electrics I've played.

Hey JerryMac or anybody else- I misssed out on a Gretcsh awhile back on ebay' date=' but I found a Gretsch on the local craigslist. The dude is asking $400 but said he could do $350 for a Gretsch Historic Series G3700. I like the way it looks in the pics he e-mailed but don't know about the sound. Anyway I'm gonna try and get it if he still has it around thursday or friday. I just wondered if anybody has had any experience with these and how was the experience? Thanks.[/quote']

I had the 3900, jazz type for awhile. Very nice. Quality and build on those are very good.

The 3700 series has the soundhole like a regular acoustic right?

Kinda like the Howard Roberts models.

They're very light. Mine always dropped down when I let go of the neck. While playing it standing, had to get a stretchy strap to stop it from doing that. Bodies hardly have any weight.

Well I picked it up today. The guy had it listed for $400 and I hda him down to $350. Then when I saw it, I saw 3 small knicks in the clear on the top. I said "I can't give $350 for this, I'll never get my money out of it if I decide to sell it. He asked what would I give and I said $250. He said $275 and I said sorry and walked away. He started to leave and he said ok, $250. HNGD!!!!!! I'll set everything up and post pics of it tomorrow. BTW, is there a way to fill in mall chips in the cler and lightly wet sand it so i blends in? I have never done an finish repairs before.

Here are a couple of pics of one just like mine for tonight. I'll post some of he actual guitar tomorrow when I get the chance to take them.

user283_pic689_1219257038.jpg

user283_pic690_1219257038.jpg

[biggrin]

HNAGD

On another thread' date=' i saw super glue mentioned as a good filler that can be softly sanded for nicks and such.

Nice guitar.

[/quote']

Thats a good idea! What would I sand with? 0000 fine grade steel wool and then buff the entire top with a scratch and swirl remover? And I think I should have typed HNAEGD. LOL!

my former roommate had the 3100 hawaiian historic series, essentially the same, no cutout, round hole, and it sounded really amazing. I've looked for years for acoustics in that price range, including most of the epi masterbilts, and havent found one that sounded as on point as that.

HNAGD!

Archived