Gibson Brands Forums

Need help in identifying an epi :)

Ejgal

So basically here's the guitar

813070587dd74956a2615e0.jpg

I've had 0 results so far and now i'm not even sure if it's a Epiphone or not :D So if anybody has a hint of the model or year or specifications , anything please help :)

P.S. it's on the left :D

Here is a link to a page with Epiphone catalogues from the 60s

good luck........

http://www.vintageguitars.org.uk/catalogues.php

Peter

Thanks but didn't find it there ' date=' still the headstock is the main difference , not a typical epi headstock :)

I don't know about that one. Looks kinda off, could be one of those iffy 70s models. The headstock and logo are wacky though.

Wheres jerrymac when you need him?

Thanks anyway , i tend to believe it isnt even an epi , maybe some fake

I don't know about that one. Looks kinda off' date=' could be one of those iffy 70s models. The headstock and logo are wacky though.

Wheres jerrymac when you need him?[/quote']

I've never seen an Epi like that. The bridge pickup looks German, like Framus or Hopf. That headstock / logo looks like a custom home made jobby to me.

I've never seen an Epi like that. The bridge pickup looks German' date=' like Framus or Hopf. That headstock / logo looks like a custom home made jobby to me.

[/quote']

Thanks ! I'll try it out tomorrow and if it doesn't fall apart i guess it could be a really nice deal for 85 bucks :) But i still dont get it why would someone fake an Epi if this is the case.

Archived