Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Worn '66 Wilshire

duane v

Went to SamAsh during my lunch and there she was this orange looking Wilshire with mini's....

So I gave her a try, and I could not believe how well that guitar played[blink] ... The action was a tad high, but the frets and fret-board just felt fantastic, and it's well put together[blink] ....... And it's made in Indonesia....:)

It was all I could do from walking out with the damn instrument#-o

That's just obvious.

Besides:

I think there's a range missing. Either the €piphone Wilshire are really cheap whether they cost a kidney. What about a 'student' in between USA range just like in good old 60s days? Something that would please the player not only the broke beginner or the golden boy? After all, Gibson made it with the fadeds, Melody Makers and Juniors 1958. Purists hate them, beginners love them. I enjoyed a SG for 2 years and that made me go for a genuine Gibson...

Went to SamAsh during my lunch and there she was this orange looking Wilshire with mini's....

So I gave her a try' date=' and I could not believe how well that guitar played[blink'] ... The action was a tad high, but the frets and fret-board just felt fantastic, and it's well put together[blink] ....... And it's made in Indonesia....[confused]

It was all I could do from walking out with the damn instrument#-o

Duane, how was the guitar for sustain, and did it feel solid enough to gig with? It's just that there isn't much wood in the body so I was curious.

Stewart

It felt exactly like my Joan Jett Melody Maker but with slightly higher string height.... The mini-pups sounded quite crisp. Definitely a gig worthy instrument

Only thing I would change is the bridge saddles to the nylon type, and the nut to a bone type.

Archived