Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD a new SG 3

Rewddawg1

I just bought this SG. It has 57 classic pups in the neck & mid and 57 classic plus in the bridge. It also has a 6 way selector switch which gives great tonal variations. I saw a Gibson SG 3 Custom on ebay, although it had 2 tone & 2 vol. knobs the selector switch was only 3 way. Go figure. This guitar was slightly used at the guitar store so I got it for a close to scratch & dent price. I am the first registered owner.

IMG_0110.jpg

I saw one exactly like that used at Sam Ash in Nashville about a month ago. It was nice, played real well. What struck me about it was the serial number. 'C 55'. That's all. I'm assumed it was custom ordered, since all the SG 3s I've seen are of a 'faded' finish and have chrome hardware. But I guess it wasn't 'cause, you got one too. Unless yours is # C 55...

Unless yours is # C 55...

No, but based on the serial #. It was produced Feb. 5th 2007 at Nashville, prod.# 32 of ? I haven't seen many like this one and the guys over at Gibson Forum didn't know much about it either. I guess a person can email Gibson to find out more on the history of this guitar?

Archived