Gibson Brands Forums

s-series guitars

keith1281734236

hello. i have a epiphone s-series strat style guitar i bought new in the early/mid nineties, with the 2 tone headstock. does anyone know where i can get replacement pickguards with different pickup cutouts? the fender strat and knock-off replacements strat style pickguards do NOT fit the epi s-series guitar. the epi is a little larger around the area where the butt of the neck fits into the body cavity. i know i can modify one of the pickguards i have , but would rather have a exact fit without paying a arm and a leg for it. most people dont even know of these guitars when you ask around. thank you

I bought a replacement pickguard for my S-500 and it fit around the neck pocket just fine. It was a little snug but that is all. I had to modify it around the bridge because they are cut for strat tremolos but that was no biggie to me. Yours should be fine if its a S-310 Batwing model. Even the screw holes lined up within reason.

It sounds like your pickguards are from a Squier Bullet strat. They are narrower at the heel than the Standards. Standard model pickguards should fit the heel only being a little snug - at least from my experience.

You arent going to get an exact replacement for an S-Series. And even if you did - they would come in SSS and HSS. That is it.

I got my pickguard at http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com

And like Musikron said - make sure the its routed for the pickups you want. Mine is routed HSH but but I have no idea about the S310s.

Sorry about the discombobulated punctuation. My comma key died on me the other day. Time for a trip to Microcenter. YAY!

routing the body cavity underneath the pickguard where nobody see's it and it doesen't have to be perfect and trying to trim on the top where peolpe will seeit are 2 different things. thanks for the sarcasim.

It wasnt sarcasm. It was an honest question. It just seems that if you have no problem with routing a guitar then trimming a pickguard would be an easy task. At least that was the thought going through my head at the time. You obviously feel otherwise and thats ok. I was only asking.

Archived