Gibson Brands Forums

New Wildkat owner looking for a case

jrwoodall

Hi - I just picked up a Turquoise Wildkat after waiting several years for the right deal. Now looking for the right case. After searching through the posts and seeing some of the problems owners of other guitars have had with non-Epi cases, I thought I would check here to see what cases other Wildkat owners have purchased? I guess Flamekat or Alleykat cases would be the same?

Only problem is Sweetwaters ad say "Notify me when in stock" which it has said every time I've looked there.

I got mine of Ebay, cost was $100 with the shipping, not sure if the guy still has them though.

Thanks all for the quick reply. Since the epi case seems to be out of stock everywhere, have any of you had success with any of the aftermarket cases, or at a least a gig bag to protect it until the HSC is available?

Thanks again!

Thanks all for the quick reply. Since the epi case seems to be out of stock everywhere' date=' have any of you had success with any of the aftermarket cases, or at a least a gig bag to protect it until the HSC is available?

Thanks again![/quote']

It's such an odd size and shape I wouldn't want mine in any case but the EPI one, put it on your guitar stand until you score a case and play the krap out of it is my suggestion #-o

Yes, I bought a Wildkat just last week- couldn't find a case for it-

I bought the $49. Roadrunner bag at GC. It fits great- has moderate protection. The $39/$59 one's didn't have a good fit.

The Wildkat, being mostly a hollowbody anyway, should have had a case included in the price, even if it raised the price some.

But......

Hi - I just picked up a Turquoise Wildkat after waiting several years for the right deal. Now looking for the right case. After searching through the posts and seeing some of the problems owners of other guitars have had with non-Epi cases' date=' I thought I would check here to see what cases other Wildkat owners have purchased? I guess Flamekat or Alleykat cases would be the same?

[/quote']

All Kat cases are the same.

You need a Kat case though - don't use anything else, it won't fit. The Epi Kat case is excellent quality and worth tracking down even if that means you have to order it in and wait a while.

Archived