Gibson Brands Forums

replacement neck

andrewjunior

the guitar in my avatar pic has a set neck, it's had some damage done and been repaired, but i'm thinkin bout getting an epi neck for it... how hard is it to do that?

here's a sketchy question to ask (i had a run in with a guy in another thread that thinks i'm lazy for asking my questions on here rather than finding a luthier or someone in my town):

how much would a luthier normally charge for this service?

Probably not more than $200 + neck, nut & tuners. But even if it were $100 + neck, why would you put that kind of money into a $300 guitar, unless it has some intense sentimental value to you? I mean if it belonged to someone who passed away and you wanted to do it to honor their memory or something, I could see it. But for around $300 you can buy a whole new (Epiphone) DC Jr, used.

yeah man, i completely know where you're coming from. the guitar only cost me 150 cause the guy just didn't want it anymore, the wiring is faulty, and i think he's compensating for the damaged neck.... i really like the guitar, i just got addicted to modding and upgrading them....

hahaha no. reference to the argument i got in with a dude on my les paul special paint question. he thought i should never have asked the questions i asked and gone to a paint store instead to ask them. because "this is a guitar aficionado's forum, not a paint store". i pm'd him and politely explained that for at least another year i'll be confined to a wheelchair (car wreck, drunk driver on the freeway), and so i like to ask questions before i actually have to wheel myself out into the world.

where and how i grew up (surf and skate scene), sketchy is commonly used.

i usually post one last argument, and then let it be. "arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. even if you win, you're retarded".

if i come on and ask an honest question, i hope to get a sincere answer. there's some great people on this forum. Brianh (posted first reply on this thread), has been a great help in lots of my questions.

yeah.... there's a few snappy folks that don't like newcomers, but for the most part, there's some nice people.

AND TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE OFFENDED BY MY SPECIAL OLYMPICS QUOTE: CHILL OUT! I'M CURRENTLY IN A WHEELCHAIR AND HAVE SPECIAL NEEDS FAMILY MEMBERS. IT'S A LIGHTHEARTED QUOTE, NOT A JAB AT ANYBODY'S CONDITION.

wow... ok. that feels better

yeah.... there's a few snappy folks that don't like newcomers' date=' but for the most part, there's some nice people.

[/quote']

Funny thing is, that guy is a relative newcomer as well. Not a good way to be part of a community, really.

I say, ask away! If everyone googled for their information instead of asking on a forum, there wouldnt be much info to google for in the first place, now would there?[biggrin]

Funny thing is' date=' that guy is a relative newcomer as well. Not a good way to be part of a community, really.

I say, ask away! If everyone googled for their information instead of asking on a forum, there wouldnt be much info to google for in the first place, now would there?[biggrin

THANK YOU!!!!

my point exactly

he just pm'd me back and gave me this big long explanation that when he says stuff it's not meant to be offensive, just straight forward, and to think before reacting to what he says. also, said something to the effect of "if you had asked this way instead".... so i'm expected to ask the perfect question.... hmmm....

anyway.... anyone else got any other answers as far as my neck question? i will take the first advice given for sure, but i'm just wondering if there's any other options

Archived