Gibson Brands Forums

Sold my Riviera p93

cowgard

I bought a Riviera p93 last year and never could get it to sound or play to my liking. I guess I'm not a P90 guy and even after a pro setup I could never get a buzz free low action that was comparable to my other guitars. I've only been playing for a year so I'm not an expert but I have several guitars and I liked the Riv the least so I sold it and bought an Ibanez that I like much better.

By the way I see MF dropped the price on the Rivieras by 150 bucks if anyone is looking for one.

David

ibanez002.jpg

I also traded a set of drums in on an Epi Les Paul so I still have two Epis irons in the fire.

That's a nice Ibi, it looks like it has a roller bridge which the P93 should come with but doesn't

I took a look at the MF price and it's still $499, same as a year ago, although they do have 2 used for $399. If you didn't mind used and got the 15% discount, that would be $340, not a bad price for all that bling...

Brianh' date=' I got a catolog with an order I recieved yesterday and it has the Riviera for 349. It says mention discount code 002T. Hope that helps. David[/quote']

Strange - MF checkout doesn't recognize code 002T for that guitar.

Are you sure you're looking at the right item code?

The code is 1002T. Sorry. They have a different code for different pages of the flyer. I had to call them last time I used a code from one of these flyers and even then had to talk to two different people but got my Robot V for 900 bucks in the end. The Riv is on page 3 of the current "Rock Solid Savings" flyer. Don't buy a used one right now cause it might be mine and it was a lemon. David

Archived