Gibson Brands Forums

Remember SG-400 problem? Got it fixed-read on >

oscardelgato

Last week I wrote to the forum telling everyone about the Epiphone SG-400 string buzz problem I had. Well, believe it or not I finally repaired it. You are not going to believe it but I just changed the strings on it! I could`nt believe my ears, I removed the extra light gauge strings and put on regular light gauge strings and that did the trick. The guitar came with these exta lights and they felt great but they did`nt help at all. So let that be a lesson to everyone that sometimes all it takes is a change of strings to remove string buzz. I am so happy now that I just had to write everybody and tell all about how I fixed something without tearing it up first. Well, have a Happy Easter everyone & God bless the Epiphone forum. Peace.

Last week I wrote to the forum telling everyone about the Epiphone SG-400 string buzz problem I had. Well' date=' believe it or not I finally repaired it. You are not going to believe it but I just changed the strings on it! I could`nt believe my ears, I removed the extra light gauge strings and put on regular light gauge strings and that did the trick. The guitar came with these exta lights and they felt great but they did`nt help at all. So let that be a lesson to everyone that sometimes all it takes is a change of strings to remove string buzz. I am so happy now that I just had to write everybody and tell all about how I fixed something without tearing it up first. Well, have a Happy Easter everyone & God bless the Epiphone forum. Peace.[/quote']

It's sometimes the simple things that make all the difference. Glad you were able to fix your problem without going through a lot of unnecessary stuff to find your Holy Grail. Happy Easter to you, too! And may the Peace that only He

can give be yours always.

Great! However, your problem wasn't necessary unfixable with your original strings. A simple truss rod adjustment would have fixed your problem. Your neck didn't have enough relief (forward bow) causing the string(s) to vibrate. Losening the truss rod would have gave you a little more relief and most likely reduced or eliminated the fret buzz.

Archived