Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul "something"

tflanster

I was just looking at an LP Standard and compared it to mine. I know mine's a 1993, Samick. flame maple cherry.

But . . . I was looking at the labeling on the headstock and comparing it to some new ones. On mine, the Truss rod cover says Gibson. Les Paul Signature says "Les Paul Model", and the top of the headstock is the Epiphone "toilet seat abalone" inlay.

I didn't see any LP's with the same truss rod and Les Paul Model markings at my local GC. Nor does that marking appear on LP's on MF's site. Was that something from "the old days"?

I was just looking at an LP Standard and compared it to mine. I know mine's a 1993' date=' Samick. flame maple cherry.

But . . . I was looking at the labeling on the headstock and comparing it to some new ones. On mine, the Truss rod cover says Gibson. Les Paul Signature says "Les Paul Model", and the top of the headstock is the Epiphone "toilet seat abalone" inlay.

I didn't see any LP's with the same truss rod and Les Paul Model markings at my local GC. Nor does that marking appear on LP's on MF's site. [b']Was that something from "the old days"? [/b]

If you're talking about the 'Gibson' on the TRC, then yes.

Sheila

yep.. I have the same guitar but tobacco burst (and 92.. but still a Samick).

The vertical Gibson on the TRod cover is one thing.. the Epiphone logo doesnt have the same slant as newer models.

I dont know what todays equivalent guitar is.. the Top Plus? [biggrin]

Post some pics and that will help us identify it.

The pic with "alansaab's" comment' date=' above, is the same as mine. I guess as some have said, it depends upon whether the factory had something in stock. There's a pic of my guitar somewhere on the site. I posted it a few weeks ago. I did learn that my LP is a Standard Plus. I'm just curious about the uh, "embellishments" on the headstock. All else is what's commonly seen on LP's.

I mentioned in the post of a few weeks ago that I bought this from a guy, with Gibson HSC for $150. It's cherry - condition and color[biggrin'] - with just a couple of minor scratches, which I got mostly off with car polish scratch remover. I took the strings off and cleaned the body, oiled the frets, polished the chrome, restrung it and tuned it. The pots were a little scratchy so I squirted some Radio Shack electronics cleaner in them, which fixed the problem. The only other thing I may do is order a new switch and a set of shiny P/U screws from StewMac. Otherwise, no problem. Seems to me that I got a pretty good deal on this instrument[biggrin]

Archived