Gibson Brands Forums

Seymour P-Rails cover

Sklivas

Hey,

I'm looking at a pair of p-rails for my dot, but prefierably i don't want them to really change the way my dot looks... i know that seymour doesn't make covers (chrome) for these pups, but i was wondering if anyone out there could give me some pointers as to making chromes covers by putting new holes in a "no-holes" cover...

Thanks everyone :(

i was going to do the same and put the p-rails in a ebony lp custom. i used pushpulls. really nice.

to answer post. it will no work. u have to cut for the rail too. I have seen on seymour's website where they had different color covers, but have not seen any sold other than black. you could try emailling them, that is provided you do not have the black ones already.

brainh, i see why you thought it was a great ideal!!!!!!!

It would be possible, although highly impractical, after all, EMG puts 'chrome' (polished stainless) covers on their rail pickups (81, 85, etc.) Also, you probably could get some cheap plastic 'bucker covers and get them spray-chromed. [confused]

Do normal humbucker covers not fit? Are the P rails bigger than a normal humbucker? They seem to fit in a regular old humbucker ring ok. I know you can get covers without holes. I had some on my old G-310 SG. They look pretty cool actually.

Archived