Gibson Brands Forums

G-400 Colors

disaster

I saw a Natural Burst G-400 last night in real life. I also so a "Black Burst", which I hadn't heard of before. I wasn't impressed with the look of either one in person, although I was very impressed with the web pics. When I bought my Alpine White I tried to find a natural burst without any luck. Now after seeing one I much prefer the Alpine White.

I also noticed differences in the location of the Tone & Volume Pots on the various guitars. I saw this in an earlier post & didn't appreciate it until I saw it hanging on the wall. The differences are very noticeable. It doesn't change the value proposition of the instruments, just interesting to see it "in your face". I think I prefer the location on mine. Mine are closer to the jack. The alternate arrangement seems to be right on top of the 3-way. I think I prefer the room between the switch & the Pots.

I saw a Natural Burst G-400 last night in real life. I also so a "Black Burst"' date=' which I hadn't heard of before. I wasn't impressed with the look of either one in person, although I was very impressed with the web pics.[/quote']

I felt the opposite way. I thought the guitar looked a bit anaemic in the web pictures, but much better in real life.

Archived