Gibson Brands Forums

Epi LP Jr color?

gl297

Hello everyone, I'm new here but I'm not new to Epiphone guitars, I've had a few over the years and loved them all.

I bought this Epiphone LP Jr a few days ago on ebay and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. My question is about the color. I can't find any info on one of these in this Gold color. I don't know the serial# as of yet. I was just hoping that maybe someone here has come across one of these in this color before and knows something about it. Thanks in advance.

BnLOewQCGkKGrHqYH-DgEttbk28UTBLiele.jpg

BnLOj8wBmkKGrHqYH-EYEttDky4hBLiel5w.jpg

Hello everyone' date=' I'm new here but I'm not new to Epiphone guitars, I've had a few over the years and loved them all.

I bought this Epiphone LP Jr a few days ago on ebay and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. My question is about the color. I can't find any info on one of these in this Gold color. I don't know the serial# as of yet. I was just hoping that maybe someone here has come across one of these in this color before and knows something about it. Thanks in advance.

[img']http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m199/GLake/BnLOewQCGkKGrHqYH-DgEttbk28UTBLiele.jpg[/img]

BnLOj8wBmkKGrHqYH-EYEttDky4hBLiel5w.jpg

Hello, Welcome, from one New Englander to another, and Congratulations!

That's a beautiful gold LP Jr. It was a limited edition color (along with the more commonly seen, though still rare) silver. Not made anymore, which is a shame.

Enjoy and post the pics when she arrives!!

Sheila

That's a horrible color, you should ditch it ASAP. I'll take it off your hands if you insist.

Just KIDDING it looks great, welcome to the Jr. Club! Sheila is right, it's a special edition, fairly rare and it sure looks to be in excellent condition, congrats.

First mod is to switch out the stock pickup for a Gibson P94, GFS Mean 90/Dream 90.

Cheers, Brian

PS: Where in New England? I'm originally from Boston, Sheila's on the Cape.

Damn Brian, I meant to say send it to ME, first!!:-$

I look for Epi Jr.s on ebay all the time (at elast every other day). How the hell did I miss THAT one! It really does look to be in pristine condition. Out of curiousity, what'd you pay?

And, yes, where in New England?

Sheial

Wow, thanks for the fast replies. I'm live in Burlington, MA now but I'm originally from Arlington,MA. Good to see some fellow Bostonians here.

Yeah I'm definitely going to change the pickup, I'm thinking of going with the Dean Signature Leslie West "Mountain of Tone" humbucker. Leslie West says it's the closest humbucker he's ever heard to a P90 and judging by the YouTube videos of him using it, it sounds really clean and mean.

Although I do like the look of a P90 better but I do a lot of direct recording for YT vids but single coils and my computer just don't get along. If and when I change the pickup maybe I'll post a YT vid and put a link here.

It was only a one day auction so that may be why you missed it. He had a Buy It Now price of $120.00 :-$

Thanks again for the quick answers.

Greg

So Sheila' date=' it looks like you need to start trolling eBay EVERY DAY (like I do). [biggrin']

YUP!! But thanks to you . . . !!

I cannot believe the seller put it up for such a cheap BIN!! I've seen Silver ones in good condition go for up to $150, a gold one would go for closer to $200, but you can still send it to me!!

Good deal to you!

Sheila

Archived