Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone prophecy lp

mothman10

i've just bought this lp prophecy costum secondhand in denmark. but i'm worried that it is fake! it only has 22 frets and has passive emg's which are very noisy and looks odd (the three letters looks different). could it be fake?

That doesn't look too good. The pickups don't look right and the inlays and fretboard color look a bit off to me as well. [crying]

My friend has both the GX and the EX. both have 24 frets one has the Dirty Fingers hum buckers and the other has EMG's. Also both of his Prophecy's look to have ebony fretboard's.

Sorry to see this happen to a fellow Epi fan. Any chance of returning it?

Shawn

Things wrong with yours:

22 frets

rosewood fingerboard

those aren't real EMGs (logo is all wrong)

the nut isn't graphite

The headstock inlay is wrong.

I would guarantee that it's a fake, unfortunately.

Velkommen. Det er altid rart med en dansker mere i forummet.

Back to english. Unfortunately, I think it is a fake. Did you buy it from a store or through "GulogGratis", "Den Blå Avis" etc. If you got it from a store, take it back there and cancel the deal.

Thanks for all the answers. Rene Boedker: [biggrin] Tak for det. Ja jeg har købt den gennem DBA. Jeg har selvfølgelig prøvet at få mine penge tilbage og klaget over den men fyren jeg købte den af nægter at der skulle være noget galt og vil ikke lade handlen gå tilbage. Han er desuden polak og noget besværlig at kommunikere med...

English: I have, of course, tried to get my money back and complained about it but this guy I bought it by denying that there should be something wrong and will not let the deal go back. He is also a pole and somewhat difficult to communicate with [crying]

Thanks for all the answers. Rene Boedker: [biggrin] Tak for det 8-) Ja jeg har købt den gennem DBA. Jeg har selvfølgelig prøvet at få mine penge tilbage og klaget over den men fyren jeg købte den af nægter at der skulle være noget galt og vil ikke lade handlen gå tilbage. Han er desuden polak og noget besværlig at kommunikere med...

English: I have' date=' of course, tried to get my money back and complained about it but this guy I bought it by denying that there should be something wrong and will not let the deal go back. He is also a pole and somewhat difficult to communicate with [crying

Har du påpeget overfor ham, at han har overtrådt flere af DBA's retningslinjer, heriblandt:

• Overtræde nogen former for love, herunder [...] Markedsføringsloven (Han overtræder §3)
  • Være usand eller vildledende
  • Krænke tredjemands rettigheder; eksempelvis ved at sælge forfalskede varer [...]

English: I am pointing out that the seller has broken DBA's terms of use at several points. (DBA is a user-to-user marketplace)

Archived