Gibson Brands Forums

Had a new ebony LP Custom...for 24 hours

tommyb

It's on its way back to MF in Missouri as I type this.

It arrived jammed in a MF case...it's almost like the case was about an inch too short. :-

The neck is cracked on both sides just below the binding the length of the first and second frets...the crack extends through the binding and stops at the apex of the nut and the neck. [angry]

I never played it, never plugged it in. I had to look at it though..gorgeous instrument. Called and got an RMA and back it went.

I made it clear I wanted the new one shipped in an Epi case. The Epi case for my DR-500MCE came also and it's truly a nice one...the guitar will be as safe in there as a babe in it's mother's arms.

Broken scarf joint?

in a HSC I doubt thats a UPS issue,

sounds more like MF tried to pawn a damaged unit off...........

I certainly hope that's not the case.

As I said, I found it odd that the guitar was put in a case that was too short. One should not have to force a guitar in or out of its case....something's wrong here.

Here's a note of interest: MF is NOW including as the free gift an Epiphone LP case, not the MF (sh***y) case.

Broken scarf joint?

in a HSC I doubt thats a UPS issue' date=' sounds more like MF tried to pawn a damaged unit off...........[/quote']

You would be AMAZED at the damage UPS can inflict. Including a CAST ALUMINUM frame speaker I ordered once. Crushed FLAT. I was not happy.

You would be AMAZED at the damage UPS can inflict. Including a CAST ALUMINUM frame speaker I ordered once. Crushed FLAT. I was not happy.

Oh, I realize that UPS could F-UP an anvil......but i've also had to ship guitars back that were definitely bad units before UPS got their (Edward Scissor)hands on them.

GC warehouse, & even Rondo have sent me guitars that wouldn't even qualify as "B-Stocks", I was just guessing that MF was no different.

Thats the reason that i'll never again buy from a retailer unless I can actually pick the guitar out myself "hands on"........except for Rondo, who has no "brick & mortar" outlet.

Archived