Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone PR5-E Acoustic-Electric

mrstrat

Hi

I'm thinking of buying the Epiphone PR5-E Acoustic-Electric. I read all good reviews on it. But no guitar shop around me has one so I have to rely on reviews. At $329. It seems to good to be true? Any one hear have one that can tell me about it? Or know about this Guitar?

Thanks for any INFO. [crying]

Hi

I'm thinking of buying the Epiphone PR5-E Acoustic-Electric. I read all good reviews on it. But no guitar shop around me has one so I have to rely on reviews. At $329. It seems to good to be true? Any one hear have one that can tell me about it? Or know about this Guitar?

Thanks for any INFO. [biggrin]

Well I bought it. The reviewers are rite this is a real nice guitar. Very well made and sounds good unplugged and great plugged in. Having a beer belly I want a Thiner acoustic and small amp to go out in the backyard by the campfire having a few beers and hotdogs and sing and play the night away with family and friends. Being a Finder Strat and Tele guy. The Epiphone PR5-E Acoustic-Electric is what I ended up with and love it.

• 2 months later...

I bought one used recently. The only problem I had with mine is that the nut grooves weren't cut precisely.

This resulted in the B string being too close to the High E. When playing a C chord, the underside of my index finger was "killing" the high E.

It's at Charley's Guitar Shop now having a new nut cut and installed to give me a bit of finger relief.

Archived