Gibson Brands Forums

Riviera P93 Custom

Ian Harris

Riviera P93 Custom Limited Edition Epiphone Club ... Well I managed to get one, and after a week or so I am well impressed. I have read some reports and reviews saying that it needs modifying or adjustment. I have found this to be untrue and and twanged and pinged for a few hours and can find nothing wrong.

The tones across all 3 P90 pick ups are warm and ideal for Blues and Jazz, this is why I bought it. If anyone else out ther has one I would love to hear from you.

The only critism i can find with it is, the Epiphone 'E' Logo on the pic guard fell off within the first 10 mins. A decent dollop of glue would remedy this. I haven't bothered and it is now stuck on my amp.

[thumbup]

Congratulations, Ian! Great guitar! I got one of the first ones, on the forum...several of us, bought them around the same time, when the first "limited run," was available (about 2 years ago). I haven'd done a thing, save set the action, to My preferences. That was it....and it wasn't that much different, really...just a bit lower. Changed strings, to my favorites...and never looked back. I MIGHT change to tuners, to Grover locking, later? Not sure, yet. And, maybea roller bridge? But, that's only if...I end up using the Bigsby, more often, than I do now?

And, yeah....my "E" epsilon letter came off, in the box, before it ever got her. Just put, some Scotch Supper 77 adhesive, on it. It's quite secure, now.

Great sound...but, those are P-90's, for you. Pretty hard to beat, for a lot of different styles.

Cheers,

CB

I've had one for about a month or so. I had exactly the same issue with the 'E' falling off the pickgaurd. I've done a few modifications such as a roller bridge, grover deluxe tuners and straplocks. I am just in the process of replacing all the pots and wiring.

Regarding the sound of the P90's. I find them a little to muddy for my liking and I have just ordered a hand built neck pickup to see what improvements if any are made. The Bridge pickup is a lot better but the middle and neck are to muddy for my tastes. But that my personal preference.

Archived