Gibson Brands Forums

Help With A Couple Of Epi Les Paul Ads

colchar

Can someone tell me what finish is on the Epi Les Paul in this ad? Is it a Plus Top (maybe a Quilt Top or something like that)? Or might it be an Ultra (if so, I wouldn't be all that interested)?

Here is the link:

http://mississauga.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-trade-my-guitar-and-amp-for-your-drums-W0QQAdIdZ208075976

And in this second ad, does the plate on the back of the guitar indicate that this model has a bolt-on neck? And is it just me, or does the screw in the pick guard not line up properly with the control knobs?

Here is the link:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=208147024&back=-5&ImageIndex=1

Thanks folks.

The one in the first link seems to be a classic trans-amber with a quilt/birdseye top

It can't be an Ultra' date=' they aren't made with Gibson TRC

I've seen another one here.......

[/quote']

Thanks.

Of course the guitar on the second link has a bolt on neck#-o

What you've read on other places about the FAKE - signs.......doesn't "work" here,

this one is not a chinese made, and they are very different with the knobs for example

I'm more familiar with the Chinese made Epis than with the Korean ones so I wasn't aware that the plate on the back meant that it had a bolt-on neck.

And I wasn't convinced it was fake, just something about how the screw on the pick-guard lined up with the control knobs struck me as out of place.

First git some kind of "Quilted" top. Research may tell you more.

Second = serial # is 95041351, made in Korea, april 95. More research

to tell if KOREAN 95's had bolt-on neck for LesPaul Standard...

[crying] [crying] [crying]

I'm more familiar with the Chinese made Epis than with the Korean ones so I wasn't aware that the plate on the back meant that it had a bolt-on neck.

The Epiphone Junior, Special II and LP-100 all have the bolt-on neck. It doesn't matter where they are made.

I think the second one is an LP-100. Could be wrong, but I'm thinking not.

Sheila

There were apparently some Korean Standards made with bolt necks. I know there was another member asking about one around here a while back (I think his was also a 95). Note that the bolt on guitar has a full depth body and crown inlays which are not present on an LP 100.

There were apparently some Korean Standards made with bolt necks. I know there was another member asking about one around here a while back (I think his was also a 95). Note that the bolt on guitar has a full depth body and crown inlays which are not present on an LP 100.

I'll agree that Epi probably made Standards with bolt-on necks (early/mid 80's to mid/late 90's probably as that seems to be the era of the gone by the wayside guitars for them) but you have to help me find that crown inlay on those pics![crying]

Googled the guitar and there seems to be a bit out there. Some of it old stuff, but the bolt-on Standard is definitely there. (You still have to show me the inlay!)

Sheila

There were no Epi Les Pauls made early/mid 80's at all!

I think they started in '89 making Les Pauls in Asia.

Peter

I didn't know exactly when it was, which is why I was being vague in the date range.

Sheila

I'll agree that Epi probably made Standards with bolt-on necks (early/mid 80's to mid/late 90's probably as that seems to be the era of the gone by the wayside guitars for them) but you have to help me find that crown inlay on those pics!#-o

"Crown" inlay is another term for the trapezoidal inlays of the Les Paul Standard vs. the Dot inlay on the LP 100. The inlay on the headstocks of SGs and 335s is also called a "crown" but that wasn't what I was referring to in this case.

]"Crown" inlay is another term for the trapezoidal inlays [/b]of the Les Paul Standard vs. the Dot inlay on the LP 100. The inlay on the headstocks of SGs and 335s is also called a "crown" but that wasn't what I was referring to in this case.

That one is new to me. But, now I understand what you were talking about.

Sheila

Archived