Gibson Brands Forums

New reissue LP Special?

bloozeguy

So, I was browsing my local GC today, hoping they've gotten in a used JP like I've been looking for, when my eyes fall upon a beautiful apparition--what had all the indications of being a '59 or '60 reissue single cut LP Special with two P90s, a set neck and in TV yellow. $379. With case? Dunno. Didn't have time to stick around and test drive, either, and, hey, I've been shopping for the Pass for a while, anyway. Or has my late-life turn to electric suddenly become more complicated???? Yeah, I know the JP and LP are two different guitars for two very different purposes. But the fingers are gettin' itchy, GAS is accumulating in the gut, and "My Generation" was "Born To Be Wild" (RIP Dennis H.)

Had no idea any such animal was out or even coming out. I do know a lot of folks on these pages have been asking for them--though more often the double-cuts. No help on the Epi website, unless I'm really missing something (quite probable given my lack of 'pooter skills).

So, little help out there with the skinny on this model's specs. Especially interested in the woods. And if anyone hs taken one out for a spin, tell me what you think.

Also, has Epi been thinning the neck profiles on a bunch of their models? I always grab around the neck and this felt slimmer, flatter, than a lot of their solid-bodies have felt before, more like what's on the Pass or the Sherrie.

Archived